Ireland

Ireland
My favorite picture of the Irish countryside

19 January 2011

And we're back

So much for my getting better at blogging in the new year! Let's start with Christmas break - no there is too much, let me sum up (Princess Bride fans, you're welcome.)

I got home on December 6th rather than the 11th. I figured since I was done with classes, I would go home and surprise my parents. I had it all arranged for two of my sorority sisters to come pick me up at the airport, then for my sister-in-law to come from Topeka and take me to Concordia. Thank you Bre, Laura and Joni for making that work! We went up to my dad's office at the hospital first - the look on his face was priceless! We could see the wheels in his head turning...I'm pretty sure the thought going through his mind was, "Was I supposed to pick her up TODAY?" We then went home because we fortunately found out, through Facebook, that my mom was home sick that day. She was a little drugged on Nyquil so her reaction was a little more low key than I expected, but she was still excited.
I spent most of break making various visits to Baldwin, Jennings, Salina, and Greeley and just enjoyed being at home. I got almost everything on both Mom and my 'to do' lists done - woot! No matter how enjoyable it was, January 15th came and I had to come back to Ireland. My journey from the airport to my apartment was not nearly as exciting as the first trip between the two, but I'm definitely ok with that. My cab driver had no idea where Beechwood Court was so it was a good thing I had already been here.
Classes started yesterday for me. I only have one class - how awesome is that! It's called Medieval Dublin and looks very interesting. The bibliography is about 20 pages long (no, I"m not exaggerating) so it's a good thing it looks interesting. This whole having one class a week thing should give me plenty of time to work on my thesis (key word: should).

I realized I haven't been doing this in the last few posts so here is my Irish quote of the post:
"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." ~ Brenden Behan

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to see your family during Christmas break. Your dad's reaction was priceless! I can just see him thinking that!!!!

    ReplyDelete